FROM COCONUT MILK TO YOGURT
A COCONUT SOUR CREAM/YOGURT – 2 pints
ALLERGIES TO DAIRY!
At times I make a large batch of non-dairy yogurt. (A recipe that I share in the update to EAT MORE WHOLE GRAINS cookbook that is free with each cookbook purchase)
I use coconut yogurt as a dessert with fruit, in salad dressings dips or in cream soups. That way I never run out & can use as much as I want & even have a few extra jars to give away.
But there are times when I don’t use as much and I have to freeze it so . . .
Lately at times I have been using a quick method & making 2 pints at a time. It takes me 15 minutes to mix. In 30 hours it is done and can be stored in the fridge to thicken and use. When I am down to half a jar, I will make another batch to be ready the next day.
This recipe is a great sour cream or yogurt substitute as well. I read the coconut milk labels and compare so I buy the best & thickest coconut milk (ones with no unhealthy additives) which gives me the best yogurt.
Check out this COCONUT YOGURT recipe, and enjoy it’s many health benefits.
Here are a few more ways to use this recipe:
- Add a bit of Himalayan salt & use in dressings, cream soups, dips, or even scrambled eggs (instead of milk)
- Stir in any fruits for a delicious dessert.
- Use instead of milk in instant puddings or when making pudding from scratch, use it instead of the milk called for.
- Add to potatoes when mashing for mashed potatoes.
- Use when making pancakes, waffles or muffins.
I use it in many other baking recipes as well. These are all very healthy way of getting some fermented foods in your daily menu.
A healthy diet should be enjoyable as well, so I create & serve to that end. Winnie